You have discovered the difference between knowledge and effort an interest and cash. You got some of the rigth stuff, but it''s not working together. I've run mid 12s on stock mechanicals pushing maybe 6psi and sucking thru 5/16 line. So you could have a bunch of things. The car should be pretty easy mid 13s on the above average side. I think you need to either find someone to mentor you or work on it properly, or learn by going slowly and getting each thing to be "right". Judging by the "recurve without changing anything" question, I'd say you need a mentor or a good performance mechanic. There's just too many thigns it could be with what you've given. Get a cylinder pressure gage, a vacuum gage, and a PC near the car, and we can help diagnose it over the net.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.