We went to the quarter mile dragstrp last month, and I got outran by the freakin tow vehicle that pulled me down there......

Anyway, the car is a 70 Charger RT, and the specs on my freshly built engine are 440 .030 over. Flat top speed pro 9-1 compression pistons, stock forged crank and rods, Comp cams XE268 cam, iron sixpack intake and carbs professionally rebuilt, 727 auto with mancini 2200 stall converter, 3.23 rear gears, electric fan, aluminum radiator, full interior, MSD 6A box, stock suspension, etc.. The fuel pump is definatley too small, I've got a 10 psi autozone fuel pump that's starving the car for gas I'm sure. Seems like after 50 feet its out of fuel.

We didn't degree the camshaft when we assembled it, just lined up the dots. I still havent put a timing light on the engine either. Just got it close enough by ear. The only really tuned part on the engine are the carbs I suppose. They were rebuilt by a professional Pro Stock driver/mechanic.

It feels like there is potential here. I lined up with a 400 hp Supercharged 06 Mustang GT, and had him the first 100 feet til the bottom just fell out of my car. Also, it seems to bog and cut out if you put it under a load while crusing like the valves are rattling. Similar to running too low octane gasoline.

My car is running all kinds of stupid, and it's really embarrasing to have a car look so good and run so bad. How should this car be running? What kind of times? It never saw better than a 16.50 this time.

What do I need to do? Also, what is QUIET high po fuel pump? I've had a holley blue, and while it was more than strong enough, the constant whining on a car I mainly drive on the street is very annoying.

To quote Martin Larwence here, "What the problem is?"

Last edited by JRs_Charger; 06/11/08 03:09 AM.