well, having posted here before, thought i'd update my progress, none!!! spent most of today switching out the sb oil pump i put in at the rebuild a month ago, it had over 100 lbs pressure and blew oil past the oilboss gasket onto the headers causing me to be black flagged. this happened above 4500 rpms. at idle it was 80 lbs and the 1 i replaced from last yr was 65lbs going down the track. 1 i put in today did exactly the same as the previous 1, reved it to about 4000 and saw smoke coming off the headers and sure enough it blew past the gasket again! now my ? is could i have done something on assembly to create this problem? pumps both came straight from melling (contingency reward) and block was cleaned with soap water and brake cleaner, honed by machine shop, and recleaned, crank was polished only and motor was reassembled. i have never had any problems like this before and thats why i'm reaching out to those of you in the know. always put some oil in the pump and assembled my motors before this and pressure was 50 to 60 at hot idle and 70 to 80 going down the track. i called melling about the 1st pump and they said they're not aware of any issues with these pumps. i called today but it was after hrs so i'll see what they say tomorrow. but in the meantime any suggestions on something i could have messed up on assembly? as always thanks in advance and thanks tom!! dave