Ok I got all the wiring squared away and hooked it all back up. Just like they described it just cranks no start, the sensors all have voltage etc just no fuel pump relay juice or grid heaters etc.

I did notice one odd thing, I put a DMM set to continuity test with a audible 'beep' and connected it to ground and the wire that normally goes to the 'wait to start' light on the dash. I figured if it were working correctly I'd see it ground, then go off. Well if you turn it all on the 'wait to start' circuit grounds for about half a second every second as if it were flashing the light . Possibly even more confusing is that once it does this you can turn the ignition off, unplug the PCM etc and it'll keep doing it. It won't stop until you unplug the battery, once you plug it back in it's not on, but as soon as you turn the ignition back on it starts again....

My guess would be it checks for the PCM and I guess is un-happy in some way be it the VTSS or other stuff...

I'd like to know:

1. Does the VTSS only apply to the PCM, IE if I change the PCM will the ECU still have it enabled?

2. Is there ANY way to disable the VTSS in the PCM without replacing it? Any places re-flash them etc?

3. Are the PCM and ECU coded in any way for eachother, IE VIN codes etc. Will a PCM and ECU from different years work together? Any other compatibility stuff I should know?