Quote:

Ok cool, they also mentioned that it may be because the security check (from the key). In my experience that shuts down the car completely though... could it be it dis-ables the TPS on this model truck?

Nope....No such thing on 99`s (skim key) The only antitheft was thru the central timer module and is a passive dealie, engine kill is sent thru the data buss (CCD) from the module if activated.
The ECU on this engine is obviously from a non VTSS equipped truck as it will run on it`s own.
You might want to warn them....Mopar/Cummins ECU/PCM`s come default with theft disabled, however the function is in all of them, once the theft mode is enabled it CAN NOT be turned off and from that point on will look for the data bus info from the CTM (body controller) which if not seen will disable it and not allow it to run.

Quote:

What would you guys suggest for tuning/data logging?

Your on your own there, you aren`t going to find anybody with the actual cummins S/W very receptive to allowing it out in public....I`ve actually seen it......thats about as close as I got.

You are basicly going to be limited to the aftermarket programmers and such for tuning.

Just my uneducated

Rick

Blown71X V2.0 under construction 71 Cuda 383 4-SPD (maybe for sale) 2010 Challenger B5 Classic