Quote:

The N94 Hemi challenger was owned by my father back in the 80's. The old picture is of the car I believe parked at Rio Dodge in Austin. Since youre on the topic of air cleaners...... Here is a story that I constantly blackmail my father with. Back after my father bought the car, he was in the process of restoring it back to its original condition. It had been a drag car out in west texas and had been repainted red with blue and white fishscales and ribbons with lots of metalflake and cracked clear coat on top (typical 70's paint job). The cars original engine had been sold only months after the car was new and replaced with a hotter race motor. By the time my father got the car it had no engine, the transmission was in the trunk, and it came with a ralleye hood and a T/A hood. After my father had the car repainted and began assembling it he had trouble finding the correct air cleaner to fit both the 426 Hemi and the T/A hood. He found a car magazine (purely out of luck) that had all the part numbers for the air cleaner assemblies that went on cars with the N94 hood option. He still had trouble finding the piece he needed, but he eventualy found an ad in Hemmings motor news. My father calls it "the most expensive air cleaner assembly ever". This is becuase he traded a lime green 1970 Shaker hood 4 spd Hemi 'Cuda (rolling body) for it. Yes, a 'Hemi Cuda for an air cleaner............

Hi Lee... Welcome to Moparts!

What you say is true... here is the rest of the story:

I found the Hemi `Cuda in the Houston area, but passed on it because I wanted a more complete car. I passed the info on to James J., who then bought it. Mark knew I regreted not getting the `Cuda, and called me a few years later to say he could trade James out of it if I still wanted the car... I DID!

The deal was set that I sent payment of $500 to Terry M. for the NOS aircleaner and lid which he shipped to your dad, who traded James out of the `Cuda and sent me the title paperwork... I picked the `Cuda up from James' dad's dealership on my next trip down to Texas.

The `Cuda was a rolling body, minus the Shaker hood... here are some pictures...

Allen V.