Quote:

Quote:

Holleys are just a little simpler and more crude in terms of operation over the Carter design. If they work for you best, great. It doesnt matter who made the carb. You can make the same power when the carb, any carb, is properly set and matched to the combo.

That didn't work for me. I had a 750 Edelbrock Performer. Tuned on that thing till I was cross eyed. Ended up with a 750 Holley. Tuned on it till it flat out performs that Edelbrock 750 greatly! There's no comparison as far as I'm concerned. That's just my experience.

you can quote me on this... a 750 Eddy/carter carb will NOT ever out perform a holley 750DP ever. You can take your "well tuned 750 eddy" and I'll drop an out of the box 750DP on an beat you by a tenth, and that's before I tweak it. I've run both types on many cars. The eddy design is great for a driver but if you want anykind of performance you'll want a holley.
Can he make his 750 work, sure but it should be pretty close out of the box. I'd pump up the metering rods, and it is a good idea to have a good vacuum gauge when you are trying to tune a carb. As mentioned if you have too much fuel pressure they will flood. I also had issues w/ the floats on hard turns and stops they stall. If you have a big block and you want an eddy buy the 800 thunder. They don't seem to have the issues like the 750.
If you want to beat a 750 Holley w/ an Eddy 750 you'd better have 2 on the car..

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/pui5j.jpg[/IMG]
Coming soon!!!!