Quote:

You can probably find as many Holley bashers out there as there are Carter/Edelbrock. Everybodies experiences are different and when it's bad for some reason you tend not to like or want it.I've had lots of 600/750 Holleys and have had problems with the pump diaphrams not lasting on some, causing leaks. The Holley I took off to replace with the Edelbrock I had replaced the pump diaphram twice within a year. Same issue I had with my 74 Roadrunner back in 1978 and others along the line. I prefer the Carter type setup.But there are Carter issues too. Each has its own in my opinion.

I got a couple of 650 thunderseries carbs I plan to run on a hemi. I got them from Tim Banning at FHO. One of the things I remember him saying was not to run too much fuel pressure. He said 5-6psi tops. Too much fuel pressure will raise the float level which gets exaggerated with a hot engine. Might be something to look into. The instruction say the same thing. Not sure if the AFB style have the same instructions.