Like I said before timing affects fueling, fueling does not affect timing get that timing setup correctly initial AND total before you even dink around with the carb. Until you do that you are wasting your time. I run a 76 440 with stock pistons and the lunati 60303 cam which is 226/234 @ 050 to your 230/236 not much difference. Mine runs/drives just as cleanly as it did with the stock lo-po cam which is said to be more like 210. This combo loves a well tuned distributor, you can NOT just bolt one in right out of the box and go. Mine likes 18* initial, maybe more yet, but I had been running it (needlessly) on pump 94. You will want a lot of initial timing like that, with the total near 40 all in somewhere around 2500. You need either a dial back timing light or timing tape for your balancer. Once that distributor is dialed in, then and only then start to tinker with the carb. Without the correct timing, you will not be able to tune out that bad bog when you snap to WOT nor will you get any kind of a clean burn.