i have a 1973 motor home 440, i bought from a buddy, basically stock motor, except the heads have been shaved about 50thousands, i have 750 holley model 3310, electronic ign. with stock ecu, headers, eddy performer air-gap, the heads have been reworked, the bottom end all stock, my problem is, the cam is xtreme engery comp. cam 274 .488/.491 110, i do not have the car on the road yet, i have driven around the block, however sitting in my garage at idle, it is fouling plugs out and the gas smell while running will burn your eyes, i have about 14pds of vac. at idle and about 8 to 10pds in gear, i have changed out the power valve to 3.5, and i have been told to try going down with the jetting? do you think that i can run this cam with the low compression 73motor or do i need to go down with the duration to about a 268 or lower? or do you think i can jet the carb down and run this set up? it is 727 auto, withy 3.55 sure grip , i have the timing set to the best the car can run with this set up, i have put a light on it, however , i cannot figure out where the timing is, however, i know the timing is not the issue here, i have the car running great other wise.