Quote:

Quote:

Can anyone on here verify if the fluid dynamics theory are based on stationary commercial applications? I'm thinking, that if that is so, then they, it, does not apply to fluid systems mounted onto accelerating vehicle like race cars, race boats, airplanes and rocket ships

Define "stationary', really, it's not as easy as you think. They say that the only truly stationary 'object' is the center of the universe, and that everything is moving away from it. Effectively, nothing is stationary and all motion is relative. The equation relating pressure of a column of fluid is from hydrostatics, absolutely. But that gravity is included means that an acceleration is involved, 32.2 ft/second^2. The more general form uses acceleration instead of gravity, any acceleration. A similar situation occurs with weight. Weight is just the force that results from a mass under the acceleration of gravity. Accelerate your car at 1G and the reaction force opposite your direction of travel equals the weight of the car/driver.

Hmmmmm, most basic fluid dynamics equations seem leave gravity out I was told for what we did it was not really necessary....The fact that everything has an inward angular acceleration (or "rotates" as most say) from the gravitational pull of the sun really has little effect on anything. One can consider an object stationary if it is sitting on the earth with no velocity, the motions of the earth relative to the object you are examining have such a minimal effect that they need not be taken into consideration.
As far as the 1G thing goes it sounds like you are saying that if I were to accelerate at 32.2ft/s^s in the positive x-dir the weight of the car plus me would be on my in the negative x-dir. Pretty crushing force. As you sit on your computer right now you are opposing 1G, defined by Newton's Second Law, F=ma; F being basically what you see when you hop up on the scale in your bathroom, it IS your weight. I am 160lb, so if I were to accelerate at 32.2ft/s^2 that would be a 2G force, and the force acting on my body would be 320lb-force downward onto my seat, and as Newton's Third Law explains, the seat would react with a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction, making you feel the force being put upon you.

knyech1- '71 Sassy Grass Demon 340/904. Pump gas, 1.61 60ft, 7.439 1/8 @ 95mph, 11.824 1/4 @ 111mph "Not too bad for a pump gas 340, full of used parts and hillbilly ported stock heads." - V.B. '03 2500 5.9L HO 6-spd on 35's. 395hp/755ft-lb at tires.