Quote:

Cab, when using the 'Quote' feature you need to pay attention to the "quote" and "/quote" markers so you don't get people's quotes mixed up with your replies. I've corrected your reply in attempt to straighten it out.
The test I proposed is a type of load test, where the pressure is measured WHILE the system is flowing. In this way pressure losses across lines and fittings are accounted for (the ones before the regulator anyway). I can also measure flow rate at the same time. I can guarantee you that if there is no pressure shown across the needle/seat under full flow that there is a big enough pump to change that. The whole point is to determine if the pump/filter/lines/fittings/etc are more than adequate to supply a pair of .120" needle assemblies mounted in standard Holley center-hung bowls. My system (Mallory 140, 1/2" line) flows 1 gallon in 25 seconds to the regulator and hauls my heavy '68 Barracuda to low 10's@ 129mph. At the end of last year I was running 60% ethanol but never got around to trying pure E85. I use an Innovate LM-2 wideband to tell me if the engine goes lean, and it hasn't. My combo liked the indicated AFR around 12:1 but wasn't very sensitive to AFR ET or MPH-wise in that neighborhood.

Quote:

Quote:

The problem with this method (BG below) is it totally ignores the weight of the vehicle. Here's a test I plan to preform someday soon: Take fuel bowls off carb and put them in cans and turn on the fuel pump and see just how much the pressure drops at maximum float drop.

Fuel pressure has nothing to do with how much volume the system will support, if you do that test and you have any pressure at the gauge you need bigger fittings, lines or needles and seat

thanks for pointing that out, deleting the quote marks I didn't read that reply until this morning

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)