Bill's doing a great job on this car. Don't mean to take over his posting but I sold it to him and thought you all might enjoy some of the background on that car.

I found it behind a closed up gas station outside of Atchison, KS about 1995. It was filled to the roof with tin cans for recycling. The owner used the car for storage and was considering making it his wife's winter car. At the time I was there I couldn't find anyone around so left a business card on the windshield. Week later got a call, closed the deal over the phone and my Dad and I went after it shortly thereafter. The owner had greased it, changed the oil, checked it all over prior to our arrival. Great guy. He was enjoying a beer when we got there at 8:00AM.

Also owned a 67 Coronet 440 wagon with 383 4 barrel and factory air (which we went back for a few months later), another Coronet hardtop with 7500 actual miles on it and a gorgeous 59 El Camino.

Dad wouldn't rest till he had the Belvedere in his possession. I gave it to him shortly after getting it repainted and putting new upholstry on the seats. It was him I can blame for the black undercoating on the firewall Bill had to blast off. I could have killed him when I saw what he'd done!

Dad's gone now, but I'm sure he approves from on high the work Bill's done to the Belvedere. I know I do too. It's been fun to watch the progress.