Quote:

"personally, IMHO you really need a WB O2 sensor to fine tune a street carb, otherwise you're doing a lot of stabs in the dark, especially when tuning the transitions between different circuits, and may be going in the wrong direction".

puuuuufst, no need to spend hundreds of dollars on something like that for a mild street car. get a vacuum gauge and a good timing light. That's all you need. If you choose to stay w/ the Eddy carb buy the tuning kit. The Eddy 750 will never be as good as the 850DP. Personally I'd use the 850 and get a drop base so you can use your air cleaner assembly. I'd also turn the fuel line backwards towards the fire wall, or get the split fuel line. It's not rocket science.

to tune a car to run good, no. to FINE TUNE (get it running good and optimize mileage) yes. if you tune for max vaccuum, 9 times out of 10, I bet it's tuned slightly fat, and you're sacraficing some fuel mileage. for someone who drives his car every day, a 2-3mpg difference can add up relatively quick.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)