Quote:

All of the Edelbrocks are typically lean once you get to the point of tuning the main fuel circuit. Regardless of cam, compression, gearing, convertor, or any differences in engine builds, I've never had to change squirtors on a Edelbrock or Carter. If you have one, get the timing curve set properly (and unless it's a full on race car you need a curve rather than a locked out set timing amount and should run a vacuum advance off the ported vacuum port) and get it idling right witht he right step up springs, jet/rod it right, and they will outperform almost any Holley or holley based product on a street car.

the 1406 I put on my 360, stock long block with a comp XE262, headers, and RPM air gap was way rich with stock jetting. I actually had to drop the secondaries down to .089 jets, put the original secondary jets in the primaries (IIRC they're .092") and go one step richer on the cruise needle (OOTB is .075x.047, I used the .073x.047), and I needed to drill the primary plates with 1/8" holes to lean the idle out to reasonable (~14:1). all tuning was done with a friend's LM1 wideband 02 sensor. I used the stiffest step up springs, and I used the middle hole on the acc pump for summer, usually had to go to the closest hole in the winter.

put the same carb on my rebuilt 318 a couple weeks ago--stock long block, mag heads, 259/259 adv, 208/208 roller cam, headers, same intake, that setup was way lean, took it back to stock jetting, is running much better, should get my friend's LM1 tomorrow to fine tune it. I do have a slight bog nailing it, even with the acc pump on the nearest hole.

personally, IMHO you really need a WB O2 sensor to fine tune a street carb, otherwise you're doing a lot of stabs in the dark, especially when tuning the transitions between different circuits, and may be going in the wrong direction.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)