Quote:

yes but, your stories contradict my expirience. the manifolds do not produce correct velocities at reasonable street rpms. if your using hi 4000 stalls or 5 series ring gears, i dont associate those with streetable components. your combination tells me enough of whats going on.

again you cannot drive around at 4000 rpms all tunnel ram and headers. the cops will pull you over.

When i said 4100 "flash" stall, thats what i ment, it would foot brake to 2000 before busting the tires loose, theres a BIG difference between flash stall & foot brake stall, if you ever ran a GOOD quality converter, you would no this, i ran all over the place with a 4000 unit.

If you would stop listening to the CHEBBY guys & listen when we say "THEY WORK" on mopars, i'm not saying to put a TR with 2 750 DPers on a 8.1 318 with a stock converter & 2.76 gears, you wouldn't be too happy

But a mild to moderately built SB or BB with 4.11s & a nice street converter, put on the right carbs & your set.

I put mine together with 2 swap meet 1850-2s that i paid 15.00 a piece for, hooked up the fuels lines, the car was sitting for 3 weeks, i put (3) 1/2 throttle pumps & it fired right up & idled at 1000 rpm, i was to say the least, throttle responce was un-frigin-real, when i drove it around, i was at all the guys that told me it would be a big mistake.

TRs were the hot ticket back when i was a kid, they worked then (on the street from stop light to stop light) & they work today, there just making a big comeback, have i said enough , i'll shut up now