Quote:

yes but, your stories contradict my expirience. the manifolds do not produce correct velocities at reasonable street rpms. if your using hi 4000 stalls or 5 series ring gears, i dont associate those with streetable components. your combination tells me enough of whats going on.

again you cannot drive around at 4000 rpms all tunnel ram and headers. the cops will pull you over.

Let's try this again- FIRST... who is "driving around at 4000 rpm"?
My truck was driven daily, nobody would have POSSIBLY known there was a 2x4bbl tunnel ram on it if they never popped the hood.
I never had 4000rpm stall converters in ANY of my vehicles with tunnel rams. My truck was a STOCK converter. It pulled out of the hole like crazy. It was HEAVY too.

My work truck- tunnel ram, two four barrel carbs, and headers.

I ran all sorts of gears in most of my cars, I had 5.13 gears in my Demon at one point, but I drove it on the highway. The tires were 33" tall.
My Coupe I am building now has 33" tall tires and 4.10 gears. It will be VERY highway friendly.

It's all about the package IMO?

I have never been pulled over because of a tunnel ram, never had any cop mention anything about my tunnel rams. Maybe it's where you live, but where I live the cops could care less.
I had an Australian visitor who said I couldn't drive through town in a tubbed car without being in big trouble. I drove tubbed cars for decades and decades where I live. Nobody cares.

What experience do you have with a tunnel ram? Engine specs, vehicle, carbs etc? Tell us what you ran?

CrAzYMoPaRGuY