Quote:

on the street ? it wouldnt work well at all. if you look at the manifolds they have rpm ranges. a tunnel is for 4000-7000. you cant really drive around with that power band. i know someone who put tight secondary springs in the carbs. they effectively turned it back to a double pumper, and limped around a large single plenum. so it was for looks i guess.

+ tickets for driving without a hood, or obstruction > 6" would add up.

the performer type manifold works great on the street. do you want to bog, or burn rubber ?

In MY opinion.... WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

I just have to ask mark7171.... have you ever run one yourself? So many misconceptions out there that seem to get forwarded...?

I have driven TONS of tunnel rammed 2x4bbl cars over the years, so has my wife. Her daily driver was a 440 2x4bbl 1980 Cordoba LS for years, no troubles whatsoever. A baby bath carried in the trunk was tossed on the scoop during rain when parked, that was the only hassle....

My daily driven work truck was a mild 440 2x4bbl, STOCK torque converter, it had 1 ton suspension and it was HEAVY. It would roast the tires while pulling a trailer, and could do 20mph roll ons with ease.
All UNDER the hood.

Before my Coupe was taken apart I drove it for years with a tunnel rammed 440 2x4bbl. It was a result of too many problems with a single four barrel, exposed transfer slots etc. The two 4bbl tunnel ram solved all my driveability problems!

My Demon I drove year 'round from 1991 until 2000 when I sold it, I drove it in the snow, in -14 Celcius weather, you name it. It passed AirCare emissions testing with NO detuning ever. I drove it on the rollers, passed, and drove it home. Never failed once. With the tunnel ram.
Any B.C. member can tell you what a pain in the rear the AirCare tests can be too.

Notice all the vehicles pictured also had POWER brakes.

It's the combination, if you toss two 850 double pumps on a stock 360 with a tunnel ram, odds are there will be LOTS of trouble, and everybody will be pointing at the tunnel ram.
If you build a well thought out package it will be a driveable vehicle.
It's all in the entire sum of the parts IMO.

I was going to put a tunnel ram and two four barrels on my motorhome, just for the idiocy of it all, but it wouldn't fit in the doghouse.

Besides, I woulda been in the doghouse with my Chickee....

CrAzYMoPaRGuY