Originally Posted by 6PAX
Originally Posted by JohnRR
I'll have to find the pitman arm I have an see what it fits on. But one thing I do know is the 73-up power steering box is not the same as a 72-down power steering box on the output as I changed the power steering box in my dads 72 Duster Twister back in the early 80's with a box I purchased directly from a dealer and I had to replace the pitman arm, idler arm and the centerlink to use it.

I looked at rockauto and they show the same part number idler no matter what engine size you choose, but I take rockauto reference with a grain of salt as they list gas engine shocks for the 2nd gen Dodges with a Cummins engine.

Thanks John. Yes, from what I've read the 73-up power steering pitman arm is large sector but the manual is small sector which the 69 power steering box is. Just want to be sure it will fit because several different vendors I've looked at list the i.d. of the pitman arm with different dimensions. They aren't significantly different so I don't think it would be an issue though.

It's different enough between the big sector and the small sector that you can't put the small on the big and the big will go, I think, up against the housing of the steering box itself. My memory is a little foggy but I think I tried to put that Y.O. arm on a manual box I had off a car and it wasn't going to work , that's when I figured out what Y.O. didn't state on the website , it's for late model power steering swaps ... at least what I bought around 2007 was.

I also put a cop box from an 80's M body in my 68 Sport Satellite 'vert years ago, after reading about the swap in Mopar Action, and I had to use a pitman arm from a 73 B body which the article stated, luckily it had the same ball joint end stud orientation so it was a plug in swap.

running up my post count some more .