Originally Posted by 6PAX
Do big block a-bodies use a different center link than slant sixes? I had planned on using the original center link from my car (69 Dart which was a six cylinder car) on my big block swap but I'm not sure now if it will work or if I need a different one.

Big blocks have a different pitman arm and idler arm so I'm told , it's a tad longer to get it to clear the pan. The centerlink in my factory 383 car is angled up , lower at the pitman arm , because the idler is probably not the correct one and the nut that holds it in place hits the pan rail when going full lock to the right , along with it contacting the factory A body pan. I got the info of them being different from Rhinodart . I'm going to het the idler arm and bend it some or shim the engine and trans up so it slears.

That said Year One was selling a pitman arm for BB A bodies years ago and I bought one, what I didn't know till it arrived was that is was for the later large sector steering box, my car is manual steering and I won't be swapping it to power so it sits in my pile of parts in the basement.

running up my post count some more .