Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
We have a fairly new Mopar club here locally. But it is populated mainly by younger guys with the newer stuff. While I don't have a problem with that, I like the cars, we have different interests when it comes to our cars. The young guys talk about which stereo they have, or does their steering wheel light up, or what shade of black their wheels are. I just can't get into those subjects.

But my biggest complaint about Mopar shows is that there in no longer a good one in or around St. Louis like Monsters was. I really, really miss that show/race.

The Mopar Blast was originally hoping to fill the void of Monster Mopar Weekend, but the lack of actual real promotion and they seem to also always put it on the exact same date as the Belevidere Mopar show doesn't help make it grow.

The main people behind it are racers and it feels like the car show is completely secondary to them.
The car show people hate being put next to the track and hate the race car noise of the cars going down the track. shruggy

It is very hard to have a conversation when it is repeatedly drowned out every couple of minutes by someone making a pass. And although I realize that many feel that the track noise is music to their ears, to others it does get old after a few hours. Let alone after a couple of days. But that never stopped me from going. It was just part of what it took to have a really good Mopar get-together that close to home.
twocents

The real Monster Mopar show had the show field and swap meet in the infield of the oval, when that stopped so did the need for me to go to that show, even though I did go a couple of times, but like said above, the show is now put on at the wrong time of the year and in the parking lot of the race track... tsk

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!