Moparts

What do you like/dislike about mopar shows?

Posted By: rdrnr6970

What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/21/23 11:52 PM

Could be registration price,parking,how long of a day 4hrs,6hrs,8 hrs ,divisions,new/ old?trophies,dash plaques?goody bags?
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 12:38 AM

Attending and leaving the show.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 12:41 AM

All the punk ass bitches who think they know it all, and their crap is better than everyone else's vehicles. catfight
Posted By: Neil

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 12:49 AM

We lost the only Mopar club and show we had like 10+ years ago here. I was hoping a new club would sprout up, but unfortunately the # of Mopar guys that take their cars out often enough may have shrunk enough that I'm not sure a Mopars Unlimited Show and Shine 2.0 would take hold again. Other multi-make shows have grown to be pretty large, but so many of the Mopars I used to see at those old Mopars Unlimited shows just kinda disappeared from the public after the club folded. Not sure if people sold their cars or moved away or what but it all dried up pretty fast compared to what it was years ago.

From memory when the club show existed it was cool to see people from Oregon, Washington and Nevada all show up with nice stuff and some of it was actually driven to the shows. There was always new cars coming out each year so it never got stale with the same cars over and over.

Worst thing? Not really much shade in the park where the cars were parked, and it was always in the middle of the hot part of summer so you could get cooked up pretty good. Also they let the grass in the park grow out really long so it was not easy to walk around on. I know that sounds like an odd gripe, but it was strange and was just hard to walk around on for any length of time. I think the park people let it grow long so they didn't need to use as much water to keep it green.

No real swap meet to speak of. I recall they tried doing a swap meeting thing off to the side for a few years and it was pretty small. Most Mopar guys here are hoarders and do more buying than selling so it's always been tough to pry something loose from them.

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 01:23 AM

Yeah gotta love shade!Don't wanna be melting in the show or the car.People usually park with their friends.Swap meet hmmmm
Posted By: poorboy

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 03:39 AM

Lack of shade is nearly always a problem.
Wouldn't hurt to cut it about an hour shorter.
Neither are huge problems.

I quit going to the Mopar show with all the car owner pricks, and started attending the one with the more laid back car owners. That made life a lot better, if we had not found that more laid back Mopar show, we probably wouldn't be attending the shows now.

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 01:27 PM

I've encountered a couple of people like that over the years,but most of the time people are cool. drive
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Neil
Most Mopar guys here are hoarders and do more buying than selling so it's always been tough to pry something loose from them.

Guilty as charged.
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 01:58 PM

Flyers?

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 02:02 PM

Do you guys think that a good mopar show needs to have swap meet area?
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
Do you guys think that a good mopar show needs to have swap meet area?

We do a successful Mopar show in a park setting with no swap or for sale section, works out great for us! I am a parts hog, but I like all pure Mopar shows, I don't have time for open shows, if I want to go to one of those I just do national auctions... twocents

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 02:38 PM

Yeah there's alot of open car shows that's for someone else.Open car shows help with numbers of cars and people,but we just enjoy mopar car shows. drive
Posted By: Moparite

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 03:07 PM

Besides the heat/sun my biggest problem i have with the Carlisle meet is playing music during the burnout contest. And every other second they are not talking. It's not needed and annoying. I actually e mailed them because they wanted peoples opinion of what they thought of the show. Got a response saying they will take into consideration or something along those lines. You could also say the parking and traffic situation. Other than that it is all good. up
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 03:13 PM

We have a fairly new Mopar club here locally. But it is populated mainly by younger guys with the newer stuff. While I don't have a problem with that, I like the cars, we have different interests when it comes to our cars. The young guys talk about which stereo they have, or does their steering wheel light up, or what shade of black their wheels are. I just can't get into those subjects.

But my biggest complaint about Mopar shows is that there in no longer a good one in or around St. Louis like Monsters was. I really, really miss that show/race.

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 03:15 PM

My wife and I couldn't take the heat at carlisle this year as I said before.Still a great show though. drive
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 03:56 PM

There are two Mopar only shows in my region. One is a show only, held at a Dodge dealership. The other is a combo show, race, swap held at a race track. I've enjoyed both of them although I've attended the race version more.

Biggest beefs are usually listening to the fender tag crowd belittling other people's cars. Although they are a minority at both shows, they do exist and they tend to be pretty vocal. The sun at the race centric event is pretty intense. Makes for a hot, long, day. The dealership show is held in their parking garage, so it is all out of the sun. The race event always gave out commemorative license plates, which were kind of neat. Got a wall full of them. I never had a car nice enough to win any sort of judging, so no opinion on that. It does seem a lot of guys do have heart burn over how judging is done.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by DaveRS23
We have a fairly new Mopar club here locally. But it is populated mainly by younger guys with the newer stuff. While I don't have a problem with that, I like the cars, we have different interests when it comes to our cars. The young guys talk about which stereo they have, or does their steering wheel light up, or what shade of black their wheels are. I just can't get into those subjects.

But my biggest complaint about Mopar shows is that there in no longer a good one in or around St. Louis like Monsters was. I really, really miss that show/race.

The Mopar Blast was originally hoping to fill the void of Monster Mopar Weekend, but the lack of actual real promotion and they seem to also always put it on the exact same date as the Belevidere Mopar show doesn't help make it grow.

The main people behind it are racers and it feels like the car show is completely secondary to them.
The car show people hate being put next to the track and hate the race car noise of the cars going down the track. shruggy

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/22/23 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ

The Mopar Blast was originally hoping to fill the void of Monster Mopar Weekend, but the lack of actual real promotion and they seem to also always put it on the exact same date as the Belevidere Mopar show doesn't help make it grow.

The main people behind it are racers and it feels like the car show is completely secondary to them.
The car show people hate being put next to the track and hate the race car noise of the cars going down the track. shruggy

It is very hard to have a conversation when it is repeatedly drowned out every couple of minutes by someone making a pass. And although I realize that many feel that the track noise is music to their ears, to others it does get old after a few hours. Let alone after a couple of days. But that never stopped me from going. It was just part of what it took to have a really good Mopar get-together that close to home.
twocents
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/23/23 01:26 AM

It is very hard to have a conversation when it is repeatedly drowned out every couple of minutes by someone making a pass. And although I realize that many feel that the track noise is music to their ears, to others it does get old after a few hours. Let alone after a couple of days. But that never stopped me from going. It was just part of what it took to have a really good Mopar get-together that close to home.
twocents

The real Monster Mopar show had the show field and swap meet in the infield of the oval, when that stopped so did the need for me to go to that show, even though I did go a couple of times, but like said above, the show is now put on at the wrong time of the year and in the parking lot of the race track... tsk

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/23/23 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart

twocents

The real Monster Mopar show had the show field and swap meet in the infield of the oval, when that stopped so did the need for me to go to that show, even though I did go a couple of times, but like said above, the show is now put on at the wrong time of the year and in the parking lot of the race track... tsk

The car show isn't in the racer pits parking, it's literally off the end of the grand stand next to the racing area of the dragstrip.
Essentially all along the 2nd 1/8th mile of a quarter mile run, when the racecars are at top speed and loud..
It's kinda where you expect vendors to be if it was a big event..

I tried to get the guys that do the event to move the car show to the area behind the grandstands of the oval track so the noise would be lessened some and that fell on deaf ears.

The do the event on a cheap budget, it's always put on simultaneously with a Points Race and essentially it's the track that gets most of the money.

Getting the use of the oval track doubles what it normally costs to rent the track, so that isn't going to happen.

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/23/23 04:11 PM

Hit mopar car shows at some tracks while drag racing was going on Atco,English town and Sear Point in CA all did a great job with dragracing going on you could actually have conversations with other people. drive
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/23/23 04:28 PM

All the VIN readers, numbers matching, date code wannabes these days. Clean original cars will always be cool. But, as long as they look good, sound good and run even better is okay with me.

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/23/23 05:10 PM

Yeah just a nice laid back mopar show no judging no bs would be cool!Nice venue bathrooms,food etc...would be great! penguin wave drive

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/23/23 07:33 PM

There isn't a all Mopar show in the area tuckerton, lbi,oceancity area..want to make it a worthwhile mopar show for you especially if its a long drive.In the beginning stages for a all Mopar show.What time of year do you like,times,parking... drivegiveaways ?Any thoughts are welcome! penguin wave
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/24/23 12:42 PM

Shows/races being held in the hottest part of the summer is the biggest turnoff for me.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/24/23 01:41 PM

I am a drag racer first and that takes priority but when I am not racing I attend a few shows and cruise nights with my D150 , most are a good time I enjoy people looking at my truck and asking questions . I have even managed to win a few first and third place trophies / plaques which is always a surprise and appreciated. I really like old trucks especially Dodges although there aren't many around and you don't see many. The amount of effort people put into their vehicles is amazing , all I did was take really good care of a truck I bought new 31 years ago that alone amazes a lot of people especially when they see the window sticker I display. I don't really have any complaints , what I do find is how much different people are from show to show ... one show my truck hardly gets anybody looking at it and another people are all over it of course at the Mopar shows it gets the most attention. I have noticed that at some shows there are a lot of late model cars and trucks as long as they are contributing to the hobby and enjoying their rides I am ok with it!
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/24/23 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Shows/races being held in the hottest part of the summer is the biggest turnoff for me.

That's why I quit attending.
Posted By: Droop69

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/24/23 06:51 PM

I look at VIN's and fender tags all the time but never say anything. It is more for my education and knowledge of the cars. I may ask the owner some history of the car if I see something I have never seen or recognize.

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/24/23 08:13 PM

Screw the heat! eekDon't want to have people in sometimes unbearable heat!Cooler months are where it's at.Im not worried about people vins or tags.Just bring a mopar. penguin drive
Posted By: GY3

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/24/23 08:34 PM

I used to enjoy the short-lived ones they did at Heartland Park mid '90's

There was something for everyone! Show, swap meet, slalom course, drag racing. All in a really nice paved facility!
Posted By: tboomer

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/24/23 08:54 PM

I went to Mopars on the Mississippi in Dubuque Iowa this year met the famous Rhinodart who brought me a trunk finish panel for my 69 GTS. Picked up a few other items and enjoyed lots of cool Mopars! I really miss the drag racing but I no longer race so I could take my time and enjoy the show! wave

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/24/23 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by GY3

There was something for everyone! Show, swap meet, slalom course, drag racing. All in a really nice paved facility!

We went to that one too and loved it.
I think that a couple of years of rain in a row killed it among other things.

I sold my 71 Cuda convertible to a KC guy at that show. RIP Norm.

A buddy said that the HPAC club that put it on is now doing a show in KC.
At least they did this year.
Posted By: cudaboy340

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/24/23 10:33 PM

Screw the heat! eekDon't want to have people in sometimes unbearable heat!Cooler months are where it's at.Im not worried about people vins or tags.Just bring a mopar. penguin drive

You're in the Mid-Atlantic so you have the same basic climate that I deal with. TRUST ME, the cooler months are also prone to rain - sometimes for days. July and August might be hot, but the rain is USUALLY limited to a shower or a passing storm.

I watch the weather patterns like a hawk from April to October scope

Ed B
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/24/23 11:06 PM

I dislike it that some shows end very early. Like the spring&fall fling in CA.
Gate opens at 1 pm and everyone rushes out. Nobody is there anymore at 3pm.

Carsten

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/24/23 11:25 PM

Hey Ed,shows towards the fall do well!And all you need to do is have a rain date.No biggie it's for the comfort of the people and for some easier for their cars to run in the cooler temps. driveStill working on times people might like.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/25/23 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by 6PKRTSE
All the VIN readers, numbers matching, date code wannabes these days. Clean original cars will always be cool. But, as long as they look good, sound good and run even better is okay with me.

I've found that putting a charged up condenser on a card covering the VIN tag is just hilarious to watch! popcorn laugh2

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/25/23 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by GY3

We went to that one too and loved it.
I think that a couple of years of rain in a row killed it among other things.

I sold my 71 Cuda convertible to a KC guy at that show. RIP Norm.

A buddy said that the HPAC club that put it on is now doing a show in KC.
At least they did this year.

We went to one a few years back that they had at the Bass Pro shop parking lot.

Maybe they can get something going at the new Flying H dragstrip in Odessa?
Posted By: BrianT

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/25/23 10:35 PM

Rumor has it that someone has already been in touch with Flying H about doing a Mopar event next season. Can't wait!

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/26/23 12:37 PM

I've seen alot of people that block off the vin on the dash with envelopes, magazines,pieces of wood ,stuffed animals,don't touch cards whatever .Then some people look for the tag in the engine compartment but there wasn't one now that's funny! laugh2Looked up the flying H dragstrip it's nice.You guys are lucky this past year they closed atco. drive

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/26/23 01:35 PM

I've seen alot of people that block off the vin on the dash with envelopes, magazines,pieces of wood ,stuffed animals,don't touch cards whatever .Then some people look for the tag in the engine compartment but there wasn't one now that's funny! laugh2Looked up the flying H dragstrip it's nice.You guys are lucky this past year they closed atco. drive

With all the dragstrips closing, it's nice to see a world class facility being built! Supposedly they got the Heartland Park NHRA date for next year's big event!
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/26/23 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by 6PKRTSE
X2
I've seen alot of people that block off the vin on the dash with envelopes, magazines, pieces of wood ,stuffed animals, don't touch cards whatever .Then some people look for the tag in the engine compartment but there wasn't one now that's funny!
My vin tag has been covered for years and and the fender tag is in my garage. I am thinking about putting a fender tag on it from a motorhome or maybe a Camaro. That should be interesting. Don't know why anybody would even look at them on my car (but they do). Anybody can tell instantly that there is very little original on my car so who cares what it started out as?

I've found that putting a charged up condenser on a card covering the VIN tag is just hilarious to watch! popcorn laugh2
I can honestly say that I have never seen anybody reach inside my or anybody else's car. That might end badly. catfight

Yeah just a nice laid back mopar show no judging no bs would be cool!Nice venue bathrooms,food etc...would be great! penguin wave drive
I have no interest in judged shows and haven't been to one in many years.

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
I had a hip replaced in June and used that as an excuse to miss ALL of the hot summer shows and cruises this year drinking

Originally Posted by fc7_plumcrazy
I dislike it that some shows end very early.
I never go to the morning shows or cruises.

Posted By: calmopar

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/26/23 03:51 PM

Like: the people

Dislike: the other people

Love: the cars
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/26/23 04:25 PM

I really don't enter to win anything . I own my car to drive and enjoy my time behind the wheel.
Wife and I take it for dinner. Or even breakfast on weekends which to us is much more fun than just sitting stagnant on a show field
Shows is just a way to get it out and about with a like crowd.
Mostly to talk cars and Look at cars .
To share what I know. Learn what I don't .

I've really met some great people over the years .
With many I've been friends with for a long time. From all over the country.

All thru cars.

Dislike.....Mostly heat if on black tip. Or dust on dirt .

But either one of those I can deal with..

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/27/23 08:08 PM

Definitely fall is a thought. Usually nice clean crisp air. drive
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/27/23 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by GomangoCuda
[
Originally Posted by fc7_plumcrazy
I dislike it that some shows end very early.
I never go to the morning shows or cruises.

But the Spring & Fall Fling are not supposed to be "morning shows" wink

Carsten

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/29/23 11:23 AM

My car shows have been from 8 or 9am to 2 pm which seems to work for alot of people. drive

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/29/23 11:29 AM

Do people want dash plaques,tshirts what kind of giveaways? drive

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/29/23 02:17 PM

My car shows have been from 8 or 9am to 2 pm which seems to work for alot of people. drive

Shows at that time of day, particularly Saturdays, are the ones that me and my group are least likely to attend. It is in the peak heat of the day, divides the day so that you can't really get anything else done, and can make finding lunch a challenge.

We typically want a late afternoon/evening show. Let's us get something else done with the day and then we can go to dinner together after the show.

twocents
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/29/23 03:40 PM

"Mopar" people....There I said it and we all know whom I am referring to.

Re: What do you like/dislike about mopar shows? - 10/31/23 12:09 PM

My car shows have slways been in the day time..I wanna have a nice,easy going car show easy to park,have food availble,bathrooms,giveaways. drive
© 2024 Moparts Forums