Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Sounds to me like your having a fuel delivery issue in the last 300 ft of the track work twocents
I base that on past experiences with fuel delivery, every time we have picked up the 60 ft and 330 times the 1/8 ,1000 and 1/4 mile ET and MPH got better
after fixing the fuel systems shockup work scope twocents
I say that based on the old theory of if you can't slow the MPH down by fattening up the mixture you don't have enough fuel delivery, especially in the 1/4 mile work shruggy

You are probably spot on. We still run oem fuel tank. I know if we don't keep 10 gallons in it, the car acts up. A couple of years ago he went to a race without me and he came back and said there was something wrong with the suspension. He said it was wheel hopping real bad. I made some adjustments, and he went out the next weekend and had the same thing. This went on for a month and a half. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. I couldn't be at the track with him that summer, because i was coaching youth sports. One day I pulled the car out of the trailer and it died. It was out of fuel. I asked him about it. He said "I put a gallon or 2 in it every so often. The gas gauge doesn't work." Long story short, he had been running it on empty all summer. The gas gauge does work. I put 10 gallons in it and we hit the track that weekend. No "wheel hopping" . It ran like a champ. I have convinced him to put a fuel cell in it this winter.