Originally Posted by Mbrown

Thank for all your input guys!

110 is what we normally run. It is readily available at the pump in our area.

My father in law would really like to get into the 5's , but he ties my hands. I can't lighten the car at all. No rear gear change, no aftermarket block. We have been making north of 700 hp for 10 or 11 years on an oem block with no failures. I'm afraid that will change if i increase stroke or rpm range. So I am just trying to maximize what we got, within the rpm range we are currently running. I talked to him last night about a 4.5 bore block. He feels that he is too old to get his money's worth out of it.

Maybe also start looking at the rest of the car. Maximizing all the areas may help get him there as well. Trans gearing, converter, shocks, chassis set up, lots of ways you can lighten the car that do not change its appearance, titanium and aluminum fasteners for instance. Ceramic bearings can be used in many spots on the car to improve rolling resistance, as well as aftermarketbrakes that have less or no drag.

A vacuum pump and small ring pack will give you some power but its not going to be that significant. Combinng that will proper piston architecture, more compression is always a good way to make power. Combine that with a small ring pack and vaccum pump and it will ad up.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"