I had some questions on piston tech and possibly a vacuum pump. It is time to go through our engine and was thinking of making some changes. Our current combo is 4.375 x 4.150 440 block. It makes north of 750hp. The compression ratio is 12-1. The pistons are SRP flat tops with 1/16-1/16-3/16 rings. I don't believe the block was ever honed with a deck plate. I am considering having it machined properly this time around and obviously new pistons.

So my question is how much difference in HP can thinner rings, gas ported pistons and or vacuum pump make? What is the maintenance schedule like on those type of parts? Do thinner rings need replaced more often? How often do vacuum pumps need attention? I will probably up the compression as well. How much compression can i run on 110 octane?

The car weighs 3460 with driver. Best 1/4 mile 9.67 137 mph. Best 1/8 6.09 @ 111. We shift at 6800rpm. For crankcase evacuation we have been using the tubes hooked to the headers. Currently that doesn't work for crap. I think we are getting a lot more blow by than we used to. I have not did any leakdown tests, because it is time to freshen it up anyways. This is my father in laws car. I just build it, but his first question is always "will it go faster".