Originally Posted by dvw
A lot of misinformation about the rules. Any carb that is Carter/Eddy, Quadrajet, or 4150 Holley based. Zero electronic help with the following exceptions. O2 sensor, replayy tach, starting rpm chip with manual trans only are allowed. You must footbrake, set the starting line RPM with your foot, shift the gears yourself. It's a nostalgia class. Mid or full size cars 59-71 except 67-69 Cuda and Dart, also AMX. Car must be a big block. Period 5" max scoop or no scoop. 10.5 tire, stock style interior except back seat can be deleted. Every year there are complaints about the rules. There have been very few changes since the 90's. Just like any other class there are rules. I don't have much if any input on the rules. I don't agree with all of them either. But in the end the rules don't force you to spend a lot to be competitive. It's all old school tuning and driving. The fact that there isn't much electronic data makes it challenging. Great group of racers. It's a lot of fun. No expensive stuff required. Pretty easy fit for a car that hasn't been cut up. I invite anyone to come try it.
Link below to the rules used buy most;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FM4gZTdVtB3FjnaRyemOFSZBaddNVHfL/edit

Doug

Agreed.

The point of the rules is to make it more challenging.

I do not agree with all of the rules, however I will definitely push back on any electronics being put in these cars. Even if those electronics are just for data capture. The class is meant to be challenging and rules are in place for a reason.

Anyway, great job on the build Scott/ Doug. Can't wait to see it in person!

Casey FJ