Originally Posted by cudaboy340
Originally Posted by gdonovan
Originally Posted by cudaboy340
What are y'all hiding from? shruggy work grin

Ed

My Ex! "cudaboy340"

I just did what seemed to be the norm when I joined and went with a screen name. But I do sign my first name to every post I make. I will sign this post with my full name so you can see what I just go by "Ed B" (BTW, I'm pretty sure EdB was taken when I joined Moparts or I'm pretty sure I would've chosen that as a screen name).

Ed Buczeskie

I don’t want people knowing my identity because I have an expensive hobby. I’ve had parts stolen, been trailed places(including home), hunted down by a guy who isn’t such a good fellow because he traced my car at a body shop(owner told me to steer clear of the guy when I asked who in the world was he), etc. This all without plastering my details on the internet. I really don’t see how it would benefit me to put myself on front street. The handle names allow you to determine if you trust the persons information when you read their posts. That’s enough for anyone to navigate a site about cars.

You can also be more candid about a given thing when direct retribution isn’t as huge of a threat. I’m sure some hacker coding whiz can still track me down, but this weeds out at least more than a few possibilities. People are absolutely nuts out there and it’s simple not worth gifting them info because they disagree about a car topic.

I’ve made friends off line with people over PM here and elsewhere and that works well.

I want my fair share