“…..How are you liking the weight of those early hemi heads?......”

Just hoping I’m never in a situation where I ever have to pull one or both heads off “in car”. Of course some of the OE cast iron intakes also weigh within a few pounds of the heads so it's a pretty good workout…..I suspect that’s a job I would farm out to my Grandson LOL.

“…..As far as filling the spark plug holes in the heads you need to run it long enough for oil to splash in them to fill them, those Milidon sela may help some but the early heads where cast in those heads and the Mildon plug seals need a smooth surface for the O rings to seal up well against, not a real course cast surface…..”

Yup your right, and the lower tube seals only have an O ring on the inside and there is no provisions on the seals for an O ring on the outside The tube seals I used are just a bit larger than the factory plug wells and require the top of the plug well to be slightly milled for them to fit (a which also provides a smooth finish). Just to be sure when we installed the seals we used a bit a Green Locktite sealer.

[Linked Image]tube seals by M Patterson, on Flickr

I’m currently catching up on some other jobs around here but when I get a little time there are a couple things I want to address on the HEMI. I do have a slight oil leak from the valley pan and with the intake on I can’t get to the bolts. Pulling the intake off is in the cards anyway.

After I got the engine together I read that the Holley Sniper system I’m thinking about installing has some issues when used with a dual plane intake with a plenum divider. The band-aid is a 1” open spacer and the cures are either finding a single plane intake or partially milling the divider. So when I do get around to addressing oil leak the intake will get a bit of work.

Last edited by Mike P; 06/13/22 09:37 AM.

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)