. "......One of my friends owns a speed shop and usually brings the chassis Dyno in every 6 months or so and that will be when I do the testing.

What the eventual plan is to set the engine up initially as a carbureted Poly (probably using the Tri-Power) and then get it in a car. After doing the dyno runs, the next step will be to change the carburetors out for fuel injection (having 6 months in between tests will work out well). As I suspect the configuration I will eventually end up using will be the Hemi Heads and fuel injection that will be the final change......"

Right now I'm kicking around where I want the static compression ratio to come in at. As I want to eventually drive whatever car it goes into cross country I've resigned myself to limiting it to crap premium pump gas. Locally the only thing that is available is E10 92 octane and I suspect that by the end of the year that will change to E15. The last I checked the closest place (short of a small local airport 25 miles away) to buy non-ethanol gas is Phoenix (180 miles away).

I'm leaning towards about 9:1 static compression (I'll be playing with dynamic compression numbers when I choose a cam.). With that in mind I picked up a set of NOS standard 1956 Chrysler 354 Hemi Pistons which should put me close to the 9:1 compression ratio. Provided the block can go to 354 CI at least I can use the pistons for mockup and get the information I need to have a set of custom pistons made if needed.

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)