A lot of it depends on what your net worth is. The higher it is the more you have to worry about. If it's not all that much, then you really don't have a care in the world when it comes to liability.
It's all about the Benjamin's when it comes to lawyers. If you are at fault in an accident and have insurance that comes up short covering the damages, they will just settle for whatever they can get out of your insurance unless you have a net worth that is high enough to make their lawyer start salivating at the thought of getting their hands on it.
Umbrella insurance is good to have to cover claims beyond what your car and homeowners insurance cover if you have a high net worth, and generally isn't too expensive.
I'm thinking about getting it myself, however it doesn't cover what concerns me most in my situation which is aviation.
Also, my recollection from when I looked into Umbrella coverage some time ago, is that I would have to increase my automotive coverage limits. From 100/300 to 250/500 or something like that. Therefore even though the unbrella policy wasn't expensive the costs started adding up with upping my limits on my cars.
https://www.forbes.com/advisor/car-insurance/umbrella-insurance/