Still going.
Pic 1, Still got to line up those marks.
Pic 2. Its magic! Or a lot of clamping, welding, and grinding. Before you call it done, you have to look it over and re-weld anything that is in the least questionable. Its not done until there are no pin holes. Pin holes in the metal come back and bite you every time.
Pic 3, When I grind off the high spots of the welds, I use the edge of a thick 3" cut off wheel. Its pretty easy to grind too much off, I've found its easier for me to take the highs off with the edge of the cutoff wheel then with any other tool. A lot of guys like to use air sanders, and that is OK once the welds are pretty flush. The air sanders tend to remove the surrounding metal faster then they cut the high spots off the hard welds.
Pic 4 This is what the all metal welded on that arch move looked like after it was smoothing it out. The grooves will be filled with filler on my truck. You can take the time to fill the grooves with weld if you choose. I brushed on some old primer after all the welding was done. Body work will start later this spring.
With the fenders ready to go back on, inner fenders were probably next They had to be built without the fenders in place. Gene

100_0417.JPG100_0418.JPG100_0419.JPG100_0421.JPG
Last edited by poorboy; 03/13/22 11:24 PM. Reason: correction of wording