Many years ago I was driving down the highway on my way to a car club meeting, when a pheasant on the right side of the road decided it was time to take flight at the same time I was passing by. I was driving an 80s Chrysler 5th Ave (late 80s to give you a time frame), the pheasant took out the radio antenna and spread itself across the windshield. The way it sounded inside the car, I pictured the roof ripped open and I was sure with all the bird stuff on the glass, it was a goner. It was about dusk and the sun was setting, between the bird stuff and the sun, I was lucky to see well enough to make it to the next town where I had to stop and clean off the windshield so I could see through it. I was surprised it didn't even crack the glass, but the chrome trim around the windshield didn't fare any better then the antenna did. Good thing the car was a beater.

We had an early Chrysler mini van and we lived out in the country. There was always deer running around. One night a couple of deer ran into the side of the mini van while my teenage daughter was driving. One hit the passenger side and actually dented the door, and the second one she caught with the front of the van. That deer took out the grille and damaged the hood a little, but then it swung around and slid all the way down the driver side of the van. We had deer hair, deer poop, and deer blood down both sides and across the front of the mini van. The grille was busted up bad, and the hood was damaged just enough to make it hard to open the hood. That van was a pile of junk anyway, so a few months later it was replaced. We had a couple of vehicles that deer ran into the side of, but the mini van was the only one that got the door dented. We moved into town 20 years ago, so not much animal adventure since then. Gene