Originally Posted by calif67rt
Thanks for all of the input. I am debating on the single or dual carb setup still. I still have to finish the restoration that is in progress and trying to determine how much it will cost to finish (drive train, convertible top replace, chrome trim). If I can get a better handle final cost that will help me determine if I can afford the dual quad setup. The engine already has the single carb intake on it so I would have to replace all of that.

Great Forum! up

If you already have the single carb intake then I'd just use that for now. You can always upgrade to full on show poodle with the super expensive carbs that don't work down the road. I helped with a dyno test a while back where the guy wanted a perfect "all original" Hemi run on the dyno. He had numbers matching carbs that had been restored by "the guy". The thing ran like poo. We switched over to a pair of Edelbrock carbs and it ran great. Just think how bummed out you would be if you spend $5000 for all the correct parts and then it wouldn't get out of its own way.