Originally Posted by calif67rt
Good Afternoon All
I am going to install a 426 Hemi into a 67 Coronet convertible now under restoration (I believe it is a 66 casting, have to check again). I intend to only put a single 4 bbl carb on it as it is for street / cruising only. I have been told that the Demon 850 cfm would be the best for this application. Would that be a good choice or are there other options?

Thanks for the help.

Just depends on what parts you have on hand and what the budget is. A single 4 bbl is going to be the least expensive option and it will work just fine for a street car. Mopar had a dual plane intake that they used on the crate Hemi that works pretty well. An 850 carb would work fine for a street car. Do you know which air cleaner you want to run? Hemi air cleaners can be expensive to buy. You'll also need to figure out which hood you are using and if you have a scoop or not. Some Hemi intakes won't fit under a stock flat hood and some air cleaners won't work with various fresh air hoods. Figure out how much space you have and then look in your check book to see how much money you have and go from there.