we're dealing with a charging issue so we will work on the charging components. jump from batt positive terminal to the top (blue wire) terminal on the reg (stick a thick pin/wire in to get continuity). jump from batt neg post to the reg case. pull the 2 wires off of the alt field terminals (dont let em touch ground). jump from one male alt field terminal to the battery positive terminal. jump the other alt field male terminal to the green wire in the reg connector (use a thick pin/wire). jump from the battery positive terminal to the large alt threaded stud. jump from the batt negative post to the alt case (you might use your jumper cables for this if they are secured good or have a helper hold them). fire it up to a fast idle & see what voltage you get at the battery. only have it running for a few seconds 10 or so (long enough to get a reading) as full fielding from a bad component/grounded wire will fry things in short order. have all lights/radio etc off. I dont think I missed anything. this elims everything except the alt/reg/battery. EDIT we could jump one at a time but that is too much full fielding. you might pull the alt brushes & a visual there, they are a frequent culprit. my gut says alt or reg

Last edited by RapidRobert; 01/02/21 10:54 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth