Originally Posted by B3422W5
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Originally Posted by Grizzly

Gosh, that is a sad story. Let's take up a collection. violin

Care to comment on the completely offensive $160.00/hr shop rate while some Grunt in the back does all the dirty work for minimum wage?

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Craigslist and the Internet for taking a massive bite out of dealerships gravy: trade-ins. bow

Hey Grizzled - what's your beef? You don't like new car dealers? Where U going to buy your next new car - where will ANYBODY buy new vehicles? Back in early 1994 my business was real slow during the winter months so I wanted to try selling new cars - a Dodge dealer hired me to come & sell. TYPICAL deal - called a "mini" put $75.00 in my pocket, & it was a lot of screwing around to sell a single vehicle, plus we HAD to be competitive. Shoppers are not stupid, & they are out shopping the dealers looking for the best deal. YOU DON'T SELL A CAR FOR STICKER! A good mechanic makes good money, and amazingly enough, the dealers need to be able to keep their lights on - in case you didn't know this.

Don't worry how much $$ they are making, worry about your car & your deal. If nobody made a profit on anything, we'd all be living in Zimbabwe.

Its amazing more people cant figure this out. And it seems the Mopar community is more infested with such thoughts than most anywhere else, for whatever reason.

Jesus, Mary and Morgan Shephard, I've tried to tell these people that for years now but nooo, it's a stealership. They have no clue what it costs to run a dealership and in particular a service department. They think sales makes $7k on every new car and the techs are working for $10 an hour. I made six figures consistently as a tech for many years and it wasn't from smoking warranty tickets either. You can't even get away with that anymore. The amount of documentation we had to do was substantial, from photos sent to the factory to clocking on and off every job line with sufficient hours for the job to printouts from the scan tools and written readings of hand held DVOM's and wire colors and circuit numbers to the pin number in the named connector. You better have it correct too or you will be back flagged and not paid for that job. Tech training and special tools that are sent to every dealership, every year whether you want them or not you get them and you get to pay for them too. And that doesn't even take into account regular shop tools plus the tools the tech has to buy for himself. Some people here are really ignorant of what it takes.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.