Originally Posted by Mastershake340
As a dealer, perhaps you can tell us something, on average does a dealership make a bigger profit on a customer who leases, or one who purchases a car with a loan?

laugh2 devil Go git 'em, MasterShake!!!! up

Don't believe any of the nonsense, credit rating, tax advantage, warranty, the ever-caring dealership, blah, blah, blah. They spout those lies because it benefits THEM, not you.

At the end of the day, all you have to do is take the best cash price on a vehicle and compare it to the all-in numbers of leasing or should I say renting tonguue Use the standard rule of depreciation of 30% when you drive it off the lot, 20% the second year, and 10% every year after that to compare to the same time period of renting.

And when you do, you'll realize the only people who rent are people who can't afford a new vehicle but don't mind throwing money away.

The only time I wished I leased was when I got a new truck that was a POS within the first 6 months. The dealer refused to do warranty work on it, because, they didn't care: they had my check. I could have drove to their front window, threw the keys on their desk and walked away from it if it was rented.

I couldn't give that glorious Blunder Motors product away: my Dodge dealer had to send it to auction

Picture015.jpg

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".