Originally Posted by Grizzly
Originally Posted by Mastershake340
As a dealer, perhaps you can tell us something, on average does a dealership make a bigger profit on a customer who leases, or one who purchases a car with a loan?

laugh2 devil Go git 'em, MasterShake!!!! up

Don't believe any of the nonsense, credit rating, tax advantage, warranty, the ever-caring dealership, blah, blah, blah. They spout those lies because it benefits THEM, not you.

At the end of the day, all you have to do is take the best cash price on a vehicle and compare it to the all-in numbers of leasing or should I say renting tonguue Use the standard rule of depreciation of 30% when you drive it off the lot, 20% the second year, and 10% every year after that to compare to the same time period of renting.

And when you do, you'll realize the only people who rent are people who can't afford a new vehicle but don't mind throwing money away.

The only time I wished I leased was when I got a new truck that was a POS within the first 6 months. The dealer refused to do warranty work on it, because, they didn't care: they had my check. I could have drove to their front window, threw the keys on their desk and walked away from it if it was rented.

I couldn't give that glorious Blunder Motors product away: my Dodge dealer had to send it to auction

You honestly have zero clue what you are talking about.
I just showed you the tax advantage a few posts above. Its significant.
The reason a dealer wants to lease you a car is because they see you more often. Period.
Believe me, stuffing somebody in an 84 month buy because the customer has a payment to hit and has to go extended term to get there, does the dealer no good long term.
That guy comes back in say three years down the road wanting to trade it in, the salesman runs and hides( as he should) people are so buried You cant dig them out with a steam shovel.
2 or 3 year lease, customer comes in, you don't run and hide from them.
Leasing indeed isn't for everybody, but for some its exactly the right thing to do. Seen lots of 90 grand cars you can drive 2/3 years they are worth 45k. But you can lease them for 699 a month, use the best part of the car’s life, and toss the keys back.
IMO, the best way to purchase an auto is to figure out what you want, find a couple year old unit that is still under factory warranty, and drive it till its time to scrap it.
But, American consumers seldom have such common sense to do that. Gotta impress the Jones’s, momma gets tired of it, wants something a different color, you name it.
While i was racing today, we lost a deal because of color. Customer drove a car( previous customer too), they absolutely loved it, had everything on it they wanted, loved the price.... but it was Navy blue, not Black.....they keep looking......we still have the blue one..lol

Last edited by B3422W5; 09/27/20 12:53 AM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8