Originally Posted by Moparnutcase
Yep, just like everything else, the rich [censored] things up for the normal crowd who actually care about things and not what they are worth. If you are offended by this statement then the truth hurts. Sorry, NOT sorry.

Not offended. That's the way the free market works. When the supply of old interesting cars is small, and a lot of people want them, the price goes up.
If you are selling a car and one guy offers you $5,000 and a second guy offers you $10,000, which one are you going to sell it to?
Obviously any seller in his right mind is going to take the $10,000, regardless of who "cares about it" more. Over time, this is how prices get inflated. It's not some grand conspiracy by "rich guys" to ruin your fun--it's just supply and demand at work.

And no, I'm not rich. In fact, I can't even afford to own a muscle car right now. But when I sold my Road Runner to pay for the kid's braces, and I was able to sell it for $5,000 more than I paid for it, do you think I took the extra $5,000? You darn right I did.

1969 Dodge Coronet Super Bee 383 A4
1970 Plymouth Road Runner 440 FC7 (sold)