Originally Posted by Spyphish
So I have the car running 10 start, 15 idle, 42 cruise and 35 WOT. Holley cable on the way and free software is on this laptop. When cable gets here hook it all up and start driving. NOW how do I "know" what it likes. For instance cruise as we adjust timing what do we look for,max Kpa reading? Thanks

These are dumb questions but all I know is SS/AH holley 600 vac secondary wide open for 8 seconds. Phish

First thing to do is to get the car running and warm up the engine so you can work on the hot idle. Once you have the engine warm you adjust the idle settings just like you would a carb. Slowly drop the idle speed and see how it does. Play with the ignition timing to see what it likes. Adjust the AFR to see what it likes. Adjust the throttle position to get the IAC into the correct location. It is exactly how you tune a carb engine except you don't have to change jets and mess with the distributor springs. You can do it all on the laptop by changing the values in the tables.

There are a bunch of Holley tuning videos on youtube so I'd suggest starting there if this is all new to you. It is like anything else. Once you know how to do it it is very simple but when you don't know how to do it it is intimidating. Watching a few videos will get you comfortable with the process of paging thru the menu and opening up the tables and stuff like that.