Quote:

Quote:

Gary,

Don't know about the Jeep ones....what would fit is a 68-70 340 style driver's side manifold, the one going upward.....you know ?

Daniel

Yes that would be best but in researching the issue there is two problems.

1) People report a port mismatch at the bottom causing an exhaust leak (either right away or when the gasket burns through due to so little meat being there)

2) Cost of the early "header" manifold.

The older manifolds are nice looking but the cost to power ratio is not there for me and dyno reports back that up.

If I can fit the 92 magnum manfolds in they go toe to toe with the 68-70 340 in regards to flow and there are no sealing issues. If I have to go with the jeep manifolds (which arrived yesterday, I'll take pics today) then at best I'll lose a few hp and live with that.

I'm too old to be changing gaskets every year, I want to assemble the car and go and make it as idiot proof (trouble free) as possible.

Great dyno shoot out on manifolds here-

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techa...aust/index.html

I intend to compile a lot of information on my website so in the future there is a guide for these conversions.

jeep manifolds have been discussed before and are a no-go. the jeeps move the starter to the pass side of the engine, so the drivers side jeep manifold dumps right on top of the starter in a normal LA configuration.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)