Originally Posted by dvw
Originally Posted by jughed
Originally Posted by madscientist

It is mind boggling. I still say that the Chrysler guys are just too damn cheap to spend any money on a block when they can use stock junk with a girdle and filler and aftermarket caps blah blah blah. They won't spend the money. Sadly the Pontiac guys will.

You've got that right.

...and then there's the ignorant money grubber who thinks that cheap MoPar guys are going to pay $5k for a block that they refuse to spend even $3k on....at least he dropped the price down from "$6,000 FIRM"

https://www.racingjunk.com/Blocks/1...h=mopar&np_offset=86&from=search

If Mopar guys are so cheap why do they pay more for nearly every part they buy? If they were cheap they'd be buying Chevy stuff for way less. Plenty of guys would spend the $3200 for a good block. Everybody says its all about volume sold. How on earth can Kaufman sell a low volume Pontiac block for $3200? And no one be able to do a Mopar for the same money?????????????
Doug

If there was a 3200 dollar block out there and 90% of the Chrysler guys had the option they'd pick a production block every single time.

I didn't just fall out of the turnip truck. I've seen it my whole life. I still see it today. Guys wouldn't buy W2 heads because they couldn't use the rockers and headers they already had, and they needed an intake.

Same thing. So today, you have guys building 400 plus inch small blocks and they STILL won't buy a head that won't use a stock rocker.

Face it. 90% of the Chrysler guys are happy just being happy.

I stand by what I posted. If you think guys like Dart, World Products, Brodix and such haven't done the reseat you'd be lying to yourself. And, if you can ever get one on the phone whose having an honest conversation he'd tell you the same thing.

It wasn't that long ago that there were people thinking Dart was going to produce a small block for guys like Bob Book. I LMMFAO so hard I got a bloody nose.

And still no Dart block. Because they couldn't sell enough to get their investment back on the tooling.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston