Quote:

What has to be done to run the E85 in the toilet system?

BTW good job on your new best.

How much did it pick your car up when it was all said and done?

I am told that the race alky will not change ET as much with the weather going from spring to summer heat. So the difference between alky and gasoline will be greater in the summer. It looks like 2 tenths in cold weather, 3 or 4 in hot weather (compared to a good Dominator carb).

Some people have reported just changing the bypass pill to run E-85. But I am expecting 8 smaller nozzle jets, plus the pill change. The kits come with about 8-10 pills, but they make a larger size range if you need it. There are various pump sizes too, so there are a bunch of factors to consider when buying a used system. When you buy it new, they size it all for you to get you started.

A new toilet system with the current (improved gear pump) is $1745. Then you need a front fuel cell and the braided lines. The kit comes with the #10 AN fuel filter. I got a good deal on a used system close to my needs for $800, then I bought the fuel cell and the #10 line from the tank to the pump (he gave me the filter and the two #6 AN lines from the pump to the Toilet and the return line to the tank. Then there are options like the primer system, or the primer plus system to both start and warm up on gas, while running alky down the track.

www.ronsfuel.com
www.killerrons.com (James Monroe - good company representative)

They have a good description on the system and its parts, read the FAQ and the other descriptive pages on both web sites.

Dave, my previous best was in mineshaft air too, so that is an even comparison. I expect the summer difference to be even more.

Arnie, this is what I am running, but James Monroe is the man to size it. There are factors I don't understand. 0.033" nozzle jets, 0.098" bypass pill, 0.5 vane pump. The previous owner gave me 3 sets of nozzle jets (36, 37, 38). He was making over 100 hp more than me however.

TJ, on gas with the Dominator carb (my car always liked the Dominator) it went 9.26 at 142 in similar conditions. On E-85 with a non-optimum 950 carb (small venturi 1.375") it went 9.30 at 138 mph. But in the summer the differences were larger and will be more comparing to alky/injected. I was only running 30 degrees timing while I tuned yesterday. I planned to go to 34, but ran out of time. So, there may be a little more in it, if I can control the wheel stand. I was able to warm it up by pulling out the shut off valve and idling back to the pits before shutting it off. I never used the electric fan to cool it down, it was mid 50's air temp.

1993 Daytona, 5.50 at 130mph (1/8) 1.19 sixty ft (PG). Link to 572 B1 - Part 1