Originally Posted By Biginchmopar
Originally Posted By dvw
Originally Posted By Biginchmopar
The goal is to get to 100% Anti-Squat. This means trying to keep the rear wheel neutral during the launch. If you have a light big power car you need to control the front end lift with wheelie bars. Pro Stock, Pro Mod ect...

Every guy that runs in the NHRA Stock class has there car figured out to the umth degree. The rest of us are trying to learn as we go to get our combos figured out to be the quickest we can be.

My experience has shown me that I'm still very far away from knowing everything.

A couple of guys on here have impressed me though the years and I don't take there advice lightly.

White Dart (Shiloh)

Al Alguire

W5Dart66 (Brett)

Best of luck guys and keep us in the loop on how to improve.

How do achieve 100% anti-squat if the instant center is above the anti-squat line? A Cal-Track instant center is pretty short, most likely putting above the anti-squat line. You can slow it down with stiff rebound, but the physics says it'll still separate. Am I missing something?
Doug

I said the goal is 100% Anti-Squat
I didn't say it should be done with CalTracs
You not missing anything, you have to control the separation with whatever you can, shocks, weight, front end travel, ect...

Watch the World fastest leaf spring Mopar, it's a Dart that runs real hard and the I don't think it lifts the front tires off the ground.

I'm saying if you work on it you are looking for 100% Anti-Squat.

Video's show Digby's Dart separating a good 4" or more at the rear. Mark Menscer made mention recently that instant center settings are getting shorter and higher to load the tire harder. As for the front being controlled with slow rise, I agree 100%. Depending on available tire hit the car may or may not need front travel. 2 opposite ends of the car. Most cars I've been involved with that don't work have rebound too loose on either front, rear, or both ends.
Doug