Originally Posted By WHITEDART
Originally Posted By gregsdart
Originally Posted By WHITEDART
Originally Posted By gregsdart
Look at how rise in the rear of a drag car gets less and less the faster the car gets.
As acceleration decreases in a slower car, controled seperation keeps the tire loaded enough for good traction. Once you get enough weight and g force planting those tires to get the front off the ground, you don't need any. It takes virtually no seperation and about eight inches of forward travel in my dart to get there. My carhas the power to keep the tires planted very early. A high 10 sec car not as much. Every car and situation will vary.
very interesting how are these guys going 1.0 sixty-foot . On a tiny 275 or small tire. And never lift a front tire off the track.. we have a hi 11-second. Street Dart.. has way better shocks than it needs hooks in a car wash with an 8 inch slick.. and never does a wheelie.. the fact of the matter is we race on prep surfaces.. I used to be one of the guys that struggled with the whole shock situation someone once said spend absolutely as much money as you can on shocks you will be way better off guess what they were right. There is no need to kill the tire it doesn't matter how slow or heavy your car is get some good shocks and be done with it

Any car going 1.0 60 ft has virtually all the weight on the rear tires, would you agree with that? It doesn't matter what the visual is, weight transfer is enough to get the job done. I can make my dart run the same 60 ft with the front skimming the track; right up till track prep and my tires go away. Then a wheelstand can get the job done a little better. Most of us don't have our cars sorted out to the Nth degree nor do we have the best tires and equipment. So we bandaid the situation to get the job done the best we can.
I appreciate your knowledge.. just goes to show I have lots yet to still learn.. the car that you've mentioned a couple times who's leaf spring and bar are you using is it a caltracs or assassin or homemade and what size tire are you running . Also curious on the shock as well..

I don't get your sarcasm or attempt to scrap with me over this. All i intended to point out is every situation is different. All i have an interest in is getting what info to the OP i can that may help his setup. Over and out.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky