With the ritter block people have such a bad image in their heads of all the early ones that needed thousands of dollars in weird machining operations, leaky blocks, no help making it right... that went on for years that they just can't believe the issues have really been solved. Just like the 4.7 dodge/jeep engines, the first 10 years are so problematic that by the time they finally went and fixed the issues in 08 nobody would buy it so it got discoed after a couple of years. Seems that if ritter sold his tooling to dart or ritter would get them selling.

As for the genIII blocks, the BGE block can take 1000HP and is cheap, that covers %99.9 of the GenIII guys needs, a race block needs so many different things for different classes and builders nobody would be able to decide what universal features it would need. BGE Heads are readily available and affordable to supply 800NA hp and can take some decent boost and the eddy heads give you a tiny bit more for a lot more $$$ and the thitec heads after that for even more serious HP that there just dont seem to be a big need for more stuff in that department. People dont seem to get that the BGE heads are better than a W2 ever was and the stock rockers are better than common LA and BB aftermarket rockers. People are stuck in the mind set they need aftermarket heads and roller rockers to go fast. On the other hand what I dont understand is how come we cant get a cheap set of plain steel headers for basic common swaps, oil pans, and no affordable decent intakes for carbs?

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!