Originally Posted By sst404b
The Ritter block is a good piece especially the later ones. Brett has a program for the Victor heads and they make good power. Our block does not leak and is hanging in. On the third shake down lap it went 5.57 and the following night we went to a 5.80 race and went 5.63, taking timing out to slow it down. My point is there is already a block and heads available for the SB that are capable of making over 900hp.

Ray

The issue is (and you have to think back to the Bob Book record setting small block MoPar thread) that I'm not sure the Ritter block I capable of being "THAT" block for a competitive Comp Eliminator deal.

I've never had my hands on a Ritter block so I don't know all the detail of them. I do know that block is much better than anything else out there.

And I don't see why if Book and Ritter got together that couldn't make the Rotter block capable of Comp type stuff.

Clearly, the later iterations of his block work and work well. I just don't know if in its current configuration the Ritter block can be considered a platform for what Bob Book is looking for.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston