Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By AndyF
I doubt I'll ever meet Maskin but if he asked me for a market analysis I'll tell him that the SB is a dead end, G3 might take off if enough people push on it at the same time, and the BB market has buyers with cash in hand ready to buy blocks today. Given those choice I know where I'd invest.

Sometimes Andy I just don't get you. Plenty of small block guys on here, A bodies only, and Facebook groups. Get out in the world and out of the DYNO room and open your eyes. Countless LA and magnum small block guys racing and winning at the tracks, at least eastern states.

No offense to Andy, because I understand his position. Andy has clearly stated he sold off all his small block crap and Andy makes his living selling parts through his articles and books. So Andy has a vested interest in keeping his costs down. It's the same in most other businesses.

If the small block was to start getting more popular, Andy would have to spend a ton of money to get back into the swing of it.

I was talking to a very prominent man in the dirt bike world back when the 4 stroke was running off the 2 stroke. I was writing an online article on the subject, and this mad was gracious enough to set aside a half hour to let me interview him.

About 5 minutes into the discussion (before I even started to record the interview) he said there was no way the he would continue to support the industry of the 2 and 4 strokes were allowed to compete on an equal displacement basis. He said that he has so much money tied up in tooling, parts, technology and everything else that even an adjustment of the displacement would make the 4 stroke uncompetitive enough it wouldn't be worth using the 4 stroke. So I thanked him, scuttled the article and called the guy who I was writing for and told him what happened.

A few weeks later, an article came out stating the same thing. So my point is, once you have so much money tied up in one thing, it makes it monitarily prohibitive to change horses mid stream.

I think that's where Andy is right now, and I don't want to speak for Andy (but I kinda did) so I get his point, to a point.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston