My A833 won't shift into gear while the car is running unless the back tires are off the ground. Even then it is a little difficult.

This is a car that worked great when put in storage in 1991. It has a fresh 440. The original pressure plate was rebuilt. The original aluminum flywheel was resurfaced. The disc is a new. The new crankshaft probably came from an automatic car so I used the pilot bearing for conversion to 4 speed.

It did take a little more jostling than usual to get the engine to mate with the transmission. I even took an extra input shaft and made sure it fit in the clutch splines and pilot bearing. It eventually went together fine.

I don't think the trans developed a problem from sitting a long time. Could the pilot bearing be grabbing the input shaft somehow? With the back tires off the ground and the clutch disengaged in 4th gear, I can see the clutch disc spin freely when someone turns the back tires. I have a good view of the throwout bearing and that seems fine. What am I missing? shruggy

Last edited by gss; 09/14/18 02:47 PM.