Leonard Long made the switch on his car two years ago. He is a very smart guy with an endless budget having some of the best in the business working on his stuff. He saw ZERO hp with the engine and the car slowed down. In 2016 he struggled with the combo but in 2017 it came around for him and he as able to win the NA10.5 championship again. He had a lot of help from some friends of his in the Rotary engine wars. They think outside the box and basically told him and his engine builder and dyno guys that you have to put an injector where the engine is telling you it wants it. IF that means on the inside of a given runner half way up the runner than that's where one goes. I am not sure of his total configuration now but last year when we were talking to him and his guys there were 22 injectors on his engine. Sheet metal intake with 8 injectors up top.

FWIW he has been 7.80's with his SB Ferd in NA10.5. He is always trying new stuff. Last year mid season was a lenco drive and converter with his G Force trans, Leonard is the owner of G Force fyi. This year not sure what he has going on but he tackled this EFI deal at the end of 2015 and is now back to where he was at the end of that year. I can tell you all of us involved in NA 10.5 are watching, but so far he is the only one to take the leap. We have heard the stories and seen first hand how it works. It almost cost him the Championship in 2017 when they struggled with electrical gremlins in Norwalk..

Guess what I'm saying is this guy has the best people involved in his program, Vizner builds his engines and the Bartons have helped with the EFI set up. Money is no object for Leonard and he struggled a fair amount with it. We have some fast cars in the class for sure and we are all watching.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"